On Tuesdays, we eat tacos. PERIOD. 🌮We whipped up these amazing Tacos with Consommé 😍🌮🔥 Let’s just say that they bring the heat, which we are all about! 😋 Sometimes good homemade tacos is exactly what you need to get you through the week! 😉 Check out the recipe below ⤵️⤵️⤵️
4 dried d’arbol chile
4 garlic cloves
1 bell pepper
1 onion medium sized
2 tbs of olive oil
3 king oyster mushrooms
1 tbs of adobo chili
3 cups of veggie broth
2 tbs of tomato paste
1/4 tsp of cumin
3 bay leaves
1 tbs of sugar
2 carrots, chopped
Vegan shredded cheese
1. Soak your chiles in water for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan over medium heat, place garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and olive oil. Cook until garlic turns light brown.
3. In a blender, add the cooked veggies, adobo chili, d’arbol chiles, veggie broth, tomato paste and salt/pepper to taste. Blend and set base aside.
4. In the same pan, add the king oyster mushrooms and let them char.
5. Strain the base into to the pan with the king oyster mushrooms.
6. Add cumin, bay leaves, sugar and carrots.
7. Cook on low temperature for about an hour.
8. Remove your mushrooms and pull them apart using two forks to obtain a string-like consistency.
9. Optional: for better consistency, add your pulled mushrooms to another pan and cook until some of the moisture has evaporated.
10. Over a pan, heat your tortillas and add your pulled mushrooms.
11. Add vegan cheese. Let it melt.
12. Add the consommé right on top and let it sizzle.
13. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and onion and dunk those tacos in the rest of the consommé.
14. Enjoy 🙂